Tuesday 26 January 2016

The adventure starts here, NOW!

Would you pay tens of thousands of pounds (sterling) for an incomplete degree? 

 It's a great question, Elizabeth, asked on her blog recently:
 https://voiceofsalam.wordpress.com/2016/01/18/would-you-pay-tens-of-thousands-of-pounds-for-an-incomplete-degree-the-uk-government-wants-you-to/


Not sure what yours would be. But my answer is "NO" of course.

The title of Elizabeth's blog really makes you stop to think. But I've also found her article really explains what it's really like to be an international student here in the UK.

I never thought, 5 years on from being awarded a Distinction for Part 2 of my Architecture studies. Plus, my beloved GD placing 2nd in the prestigious Corus Awards would I be here. My Part 3 not done.

My life plan (doesn't everyone pre - map out their exact career path from start to retirement at 50?) meant I'd have 5 years solid experience with a reputable, design led company. Before 35, I'd be moving on, launching my own architecture practice; be a director of my own company.

Well, it's not quite worked out like that. BUT, the adventure is about to begin again. Join me here on my digital adventure to finish my studies. After not being able to blog for the past 6 years. It's nice to be back. I think we're in for one heck of an adventure!

I'm looking forward to sharing it with you =)



Donate by paypal

No comments:

Post a Comment